Disaster Recovery with HC3
Businesses have no choice but to continuously run nonstop. Customers don’t understand if your website is down, they’ll just move to a competitor’s website. Your users don’t understand that there has been a natural disaster; they just know that they can’t do their job because their applications are down. Bad for business, bad for IT.
The challenge is that disaster recovery is like insurance; you never really need it until you actually have a disaster. The problem is that, in today’s world, something as simple as an outage, can take you out for hours, even days. Not a natural disaster, but a disaster nonetheless. How do you protect your business and yourself from downtime, and worse, revenue loss?
New! – ScaleCare Remote Recovery Service
The availability of critical IT workloads is the highest priority for any administrator. Without applications and databases, productivity stalls. At Scale Computing, we understand that you may not have the facility or capacity to host your own disaster recovery site. We also understand that traditional agent-based backup solutions are too complex for modern virtualization needs.
To address your disaster recovery needs, we have not only built high availability and cluster-to-cluster replication into our HC3 clusters but we are now pleased to offer a disaster recovery service that enables you to protect your critical workloads to our own secure, hosted datacenter.
The ScaleCare Remote Recovery Service provides a way to protect your site against disaster and the ability to failover your VM workloads within minutes from our remote facility. Our hosted facility is an ideal solution to ensure business continuity against site-level or regional disasters.
Learn more about the ScaleCare Remote Recovery Service through the following resources or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
ScaleCare Remote Recovery Service Data Sheet
Built in Remote Disaster Recovery
Scale Computing allows users to set up continuous replication on a VM by VM basis between two HC3® clusters. HyperCore makes use of its space efficient snapshot technology to replicate to a secondary site, tracking only the blocks unique to each snapshot and sending the change blocks. This feature is integrated into HyperCore with no additional licensing! If you have two HC3 clusters, you have a remote disaster recovery plan.
Key Benefits of HC3 Replication
- Built in Remote Disaster Recovery – Setup replication on a per VM basis for integrated remote Disaster Recovery that includes both automated snapshots and manual snapshots.
- Continuous VM-level Replication – HyperCore makes use of its space efficient snapshot technology to replicate to a secondary site, tracking only the blocks unique to each snapshot and sending the change blocks.
- Low RPO/RTO – Simply “clone” a snapshot on the target cluster for the manual failover of a VM that is immediately bootable.
- Simple Disaster Recovery Testing – Testing a DR infrastructure plan is now as simple as cloning a snapshot on the target cluster and starting a VM. No disruption to ongoing replication.
- Easy Failback after Disaster Recovery – After running a VM at the DR site, simply replicate the changed data back to the primary site for simple failback.
HC3® Availability Powered by Double-Take® – Making use of Existing Infrastructure
HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take allows users to make use of their existing infrastructure by providing a failover of VMs between an HC3 cluster and an existing VMware or HyperV environment. Implement HC3 at your primary site and move your existing infrastructure to a secondary site for Disaster Recovery using HC3 Availability.
HC3 Availability provides affordable data protection, fault tolerance and enables immediate recovery from any system outage at the push of a button. Continuous data replication over any distance means that you always have access to a current copy of your data, applications and operating system (OS).
HC3 Availability – How It Works
HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take monitors changes to all protected files and replicates only the bytes that change. Resource friendly technology allows you to replicate to any disaster recovery site, over standard IP networks, for maximum protection against data loss. HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take protects Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint and more.
- x86 or x64 Windows and Linux Servers
- Windows Server 2003 R1/R2, 2008 R1/R2, 2012 R1/R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 and 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 and 11
- Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 LTS
Key Benefits of HC3 Availability
- Make use of existing VMware or HyperV Infrastructure – Implement HC3 at your primary site and move your existing infrastructure to a secondary site for failover in the event of a disaster.
- Continuous, Asynchronous Byte-Level Replication Over Any Distance – HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take monitors changes to all protected files or virtual machines and replicates only the bytes that change to a disaster recovery site as far away as you would like, over standard IP networks, for maximum protection against data loss.
- Application Awareness for Reliable Recovery – Application-specific technology in HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take constantly monitors the behavior of applications and databases like Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL, and automatically takes corrective action based on an application’s behavior.
- Open-File Mirroring and Replication – HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take processes and replicates open files without taking them offline; applications remain online and users stay productive.
- Data Integrity and Write-Order Consistency – On Windows Server hosts or within Windows-based virtual machines, HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take uses its patented STAR (Sequential Transfer Asynchronous Replication) technology to ensure the integrity of replicated data, which is especially important in the case of transactional databases such as Microsoft SQL or Microsoft Exchange.
- Flexible Bandwidth Scheduling – Impose higher or lower network usage limits during those times when most appropriate for your business. Limit network use of HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take during busy work hours and increase or remove these limits during non-peak times for efficient replication with the least amount of impact on production resources.
- Protects Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint and More – HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take is hardware and application independent, allowing you to use the hardware and software that suit your business.
- Point-In-Time Recovery – HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take integrates with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service to allow you to schedule and recover from up to 64 point-in-time copies of data on your HC3 Availability powered by Double-Take target when running on an HC3 VM.
HC3 Sales Brochure
HC3, SCRIBE, and HyperCore Theory of Operations
Taneja Group HC3 Validation Report