INDIANAPOLIS - January 27, 2021 - Scale Computing, a market leader in edge computing, virtualization and hyperconverged solutions, today announced both reaching profitability and delivering record sales in 2020, driven by its edge computing technology platform, OEM, channel partnerships, and the launch of its business resilience offering, resulting in a total software revenue growth rate of over 45%. Scale Computing recorded the best year in the company’s history, expanding worldwide edge computing platform sales with customers in healthcare, education, manufacturing, transportation, grocery, and retail. The company saw strength in strategic partnerships, channel growth, award recognitions and the introduction of the industry’s first edge computing trial program.
In 2020, Scale Computing responded to the changing global landscape with the announcement of its business resilience solution, built around the highly available HC3 edge computing platform. Building off of its record Q1 momentum, Scale Computing launched the first of a new class of HC3 appliances designed to enhance support for performance-intensive use cases such as database analytics and high density Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments, and new HC3 infrastructure appliances that deliver the extra processing power of Nvidia GPUs, improving performance for remote workers from the data center to the edge. The company also secured a $30 million funding round led by Elevate Ventures.
Edge computing sales was an important driver for Scale Computing in 2020, with edge deployments growing by 110% year-over-year.
“2020 was a banner year for Scale Computing. In spite of the macro conditions, we delivered record revenue, reached profitability, and emerged as the leader in edge computing. If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that business resilience is essential, and our HC3 platform is providing that, whether in the traditional datacenter, or at the edge,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder of Scale Computing. “We have put ourselves in position for rapid growth in 2021 as a leader in both edge computing and core hyperconverged solutions. With edge computing, I believe we are only now seeing the start of what will be a 20-year industry trend. With our unique technology, large customer base, and growing ecosystem of partners, this new industry category is one we will continue to lead for years to come.”
Key Customer Wins and Partnerships:
- Scale Computing experienced strong customer growth in multiple industries, including education, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, grocery, and retail.
- Scale Computing continued to build its international presence in 2020, with key partnerships including:
- Titan Data Solutions, offering Scale Computing’s HC3 series to its channel partners across the UK.
- ADN Distribution GmbH, one of Germany’s leading Value Added Distributors, now offering the HC3 series to its channel partners across Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Synetcom, a leading Philippines-based value added distributor, expanding Scale Computing’s offerings to the APAC region.
- Pedab Group AB, a leading distributor in IT solutions and services throughout Nordics, Baltics and France.
- Jerry's Foods, a national grocery store chain that includes Cub Foods, County Market, and Save-A-Lot, partnered with Scale Computing for in-store edge computing infrastructure.
- Scale Computing announced it is offering Acronis SCS backup and disaster recovery solutions, as well as a cloud storage option, on the HC3 platform for a broad range of US public sector environments.
- New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School District successfully deployed a remote work solution from Scale Computing in one hour.
- Scale Computing delivered edge computing with high availability, increased reliability and ease of use across the healthcare industry.
- Goodwill Central Coast, a regional chapter of the wider Goodwill nonprofit retail organization, implemented Scale Computing’s HC3 Edge platform for its IT infrastructure for in-store across its 20 locations.
Key Awards and Recognitions:
- GigaOm named the company both a “leader” and "outperformer" in its most recent report, “GigaOm Radar for Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Small-to-Medium Enterprises and Edge.” The report takes a comprehensive view of how well Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) solutions serve small to medium enterprises (SME), edge, and Remote office/branch office (ROBO) market segments.
- TechTarget’s Storage Magazine & SearchStorage.com selected Scale Computing as a finalist for its annual Products of the Year Awards for 2020 for the HE150 in Hyper-converged & Composable Infrastructure.
- TrustRadius recognized Scale Computing with a 2021 Best Feature Set Award, a 2021 Best of Customer Support Award, and a 2021 Best Usability Award. This trifecta of awards highlights the few companies with outstanding feature sets that have gone above and beyond to delight their users. The company ranked first in all three categories.
- Scale Computing was recognized for the fourth consecutive year in the December 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- Scale Computing HE150 was named a 2020 CRN® Product of the Year winner in the Internet of Things category. The HE150 was also announced as the winner in the Edge Infrastructure category for CRN’s 2020 Tech Innovator Award.
- Cloud Computing Outlook named Scale Computing a Cloud Computing Outlook Top Edge Computing Solution Provider of 2020.
- Scale Computing won first place in a trifecta of TrustRadius customer satisfaction awards including 2021 Best Feature Set, Best Usability, and Best Customer Support.
- The Channel Company honored Scale Computing Partner Community with a 5-star rating in the 2020 CRN Partner Program Guide.
- For the second consecutive year, CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, named Scale Computing a winner in both the Edge Computing category, newly added this year, and the Converged/ HyperConverged Infrastructure category, of the 2020 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) Awards.
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a leader in edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions. Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the company’s HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime, even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. Edge Computing is the fastest growing area of IT infrastructure, and industry analysts have named Scale Computing an outperformer and leader in the space, including being named the #1 edge computing vendor by CRN. Scale Computing’s products are sold by thousands of value-added resellers, integrators, and service providers worldwide. When ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO matter, Scale Computing HC3 is the ideal infrastructure platform. Read what our customers have to say on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate and TrustRadius.