INDIANAPOLIS – January 20, 2021 - Scale Computing, a market leader in edge computing, virtualization and hyperconverged solutions, today announced that GigaOm has named the company both a “leader” and "outperformer" in its most recent report, “GigaOm Radar for Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Small-to-Medium Enterprises and Edge.” The report takes a comprehensive view of how well Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) solutions serve small to medium enterprises (SME), edge, and Remote office/branch office (ROBO) market segments. The report can be downloaded here.
The Radar report recognizes that Scale Computing offers a complete end-to-end solution based on its own virtualization stack, which is designed for small, medium, and large distributed enterprises with a particular focus on edge use cases. Scale Computing offers a self-healing platform for autonomously running applications at the edge, with a small, all-flash, NVMe storage-based compute appliance that delivers all of the simplicity, efficiency, and enterprise-ready virtualization associated with Scale Computing’s HC3 platform. Built specifically for sites that need highly available infrastructure, the HE150 can be deployed almost anywhere, without requiring a rack or server closet. While taking up only the space needed to stack three smartphones, it provides a fully functional, integrated platform for running applications that includes high availability clustering, rolling upgrades, and integrated data protection.
“The edge requires a combination of enterprise-grade application reliability, autonomous management, and self healing due to the limited IT resources available at the edge, and a form factor that makes sense for the environment. This is a tricky combination, but Scale Computing has delivered,” said Enrico Signoretti, Research Analyst, GigaOm.
“We are honored to be named both a “Leader” and an “Outperformer” in the first GigaOm Radar for Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Small-to-Medium Enterprises and Edge. As technology pushes its way into every part of business, the need for edge computing to support an application-driven world is expanding. The Scale Computing platform runs applications at maximum uptime where, due to a combination of location and lack of IT resources, it was previously not feasible. Its use cases include retail, grocery, educational facilities, local government offices, medical offices, ocean going vessels, and manufacturing shop floors - the possibilities are endless,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder, Scale Computing.
This news follows exciting award wins and industry recognition for the company, including:
- TechTarget’s Storage Magazine & SearchStorage.com selected Scale Computing as a finalist for its annual Products of the Year Awards for 2020 for the HE150 in Hyper-converged & Composable Infrastructure.
- TrustRadius recognized Scale Computing with a 2021 Best Feature Set Award, a 2021 Best of Customer Support Award, and a 2021 Best Usability Award. This trifecta of awards highlights the few companies with outstanding feature sets that have gone above and beyond to delight their users. The company ranked first in all three categories.
- The HE150, powered by Scale Computing’s HC3 Edge software platform, is a winner of the CRN 2020 Product of the Year Awards in the Internet of Things category.
- Gartner Inc. included Scale Computing in the December 2020 Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software. Scale Computing has been recognized in all editions of this Magic Quadrant since Gartner introduced it. Scale Computing has also been highly rated and reviewed by customers on Gartner Peer Insights.
- Listed in Inc’s 1000 Largest and Most Inspiring Private Companies.
- Winner in both the Edge Computing category, newly added this year, and the Converged/ HyperConverged Infrastructure category, of the 2020 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) Awards. This is the second consecutive year Scale Computing has been recognized as a CRN ARC Award winner.
Scale Computing believes that it is the top choice over its competitors for many customers due to the simplicity, efficiency and innovation of Scale Computing HC3. Specifically:
- Simplicity - Scale Computing customers rave about how simple it is to implement and deploy HC3. The simplicity of the self-healing platform, driven by automation and machine intelligence, allows Scale Computing customers to focus on other strategic projects rather than infrastructure maintenance.
- Efficiency - Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications.
- Innovation - Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. This innovation makes HC3 simple for IT teams to manage and administer.
- Value - HC3 makes IT infrastructure reliable, manageable and affordable by giving organizations more system uptime while requiring significantly less maintenance and administration than legacy alternatives.
The GigaOm Radar Report for Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Small-to-Medium Enterprises and Edge can be downloaded here.
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a leader in edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions. Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime. When ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO matter, Scale Computing HC3 is the ideal infrastructure platform. Read what our customers have to say on Spiceworks, TechValidate, and TrustRadius.
ZAG Communications for Scale Computing