INDIANAPOLIS - February 8, 2021 - Scale Computing, a market leader in edge computing, virtualization and hyperconverged solutions, today announced that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has added Scott Mann, director of North American Channel at Scale Computing, to its exclusive 2021 list of Channel Chiefs, for the third consecutive year.
The annual list recognizes leading IT channel vendor executives who continually demonstrate outstanding leadership, influence, innovation, and growth.
For the third year in a row, Mann was named as a Channel Chief for his leadership within the Scale Computing Partner Community, and for expanding the company’s partner base by nearly double and growing customers and revenue in 2020. Mann continuously worked to improve the Scale Computing MSP program, while increasing revenue and average selling price per partner. Mann was a key player in expanding Scale Computing’s channel team, and pushing to grow the partner base while maintaining customer excellence.
“CRN’s 2021 Channel Chiefs list includes the industry’s biggest channel evangelists, a group of individuals who work tirelessly on behalf of their partners and drive growth through the development of strong partner programs and innovative business strategies that help bring business-critical solutions to market,” said Blaine Raddon, CEO of The Channel Company. “The Channel Company is proud to recognize these channel influencers and looks forward to following their continued success.”
This honor is another channel award recognition for Scale Computing after its recent 2020 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) award wins in both the Edge Computing category, newly added this year, and the Converged/ HyperConverged Infrastructure category. The Channel Company also honored the Scale Computing Partner Community with a 5-star rating in the 2020 CRN Partner Program Guide.
"Scott plays a critical role in the Scale Computing Partner Community and our MSP program, and deserves this recognition as a Channel Chief for the third consecutive year. Scott's leadership helped expand our partner program by nearly doubling partner numbers, raising revenue per partner, and increasing the number of customers, even during the unprecedented times of 2020," said Kevin Holmes, vice president, sales, Scale Computing. "In 2021, we look forward to expanding our partner program even further and will continue to focus on bringing intelligent edge computing, HCI, and business resilience solutions to enterprises, SMBs, and retailers.”
“This award is a testament to the dedication to our partner community throughout our organization, especially during a year like 2020. We have met the challenges of not only the past year, but also of the new and fast growing edge computing market. Scale Computing was able to quickly adapt to the changes in the economy and work through our partners to service the evolving needs of their customers. We doubled down on our partner focus as a company and we (both Scale Computing and our partners) came out of 2020 better off because of it,” Scott Mann, director of North American Channel, Scale Computing.
The 2021 Channel Chiefs are prominent leaders who have influenced the IT channel with cutting-edge strategies, programs and partnerships. All honorees are selected by CRN’s editorial staff based on their dedication, industry prestige, and exceptional accomplishments as channel advocates.
CRN’s 2021 Channel Chiefs list will be featured in the February 2021 issue of CRN® Magazine and online at www.CRN.com/ChannelChiefs.
This news follows exciting award wins and industry recognition for the company, including:
- GigaOm has named Scale Computing both a “leader” and "outperformer" in its most recent report, “GigaOm Radar for Hyperconverged Infrastructure: Small-to-Medium Enterprises and Edge.” The report takes a comprehensive view of how well Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) solutions serve small to medium enterprises (SME), edge, and Remote office/branch office (ROBO) market segments. The report can be downloaded here.
- TechTarget’s Storage Magazine & SearchStorage.com selected Scale Computing as a finalist for its annual Products of the Year Awards for 2020 for the HE150 in Hyper-converged & Composable Infrastructure.
- TrustRadius recognized Scale Computing with a 2021 Best Feature Set Award, a 2021 Best of Customer Support Award, and a 2021 Best Usability Award. This trifecta of awards highlights the few companies with outstanding feature sets that have gone above and beyond to delight their users. The company ranked first in all three categories.
- The HE150, powered by Scale Computing’s HC3 Edge software platform, is a winner of the CRN 2020 Product of the Year Awards in the Internet of Things category.
- Gartner Inc. included Scale Computing in the December 2020 Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software. Scale Computing has been recognized in all editions of this Magic Quadrant since Gartner introduced it. Scale Computing has also been highly rated and reviewed by customers on Gartner Peer Insights.
- Listed in Inc’s 1000 Largest and Most Inspiring Private Companies.
- Winner in both the Edge Computing category, newly added this year, and the Converged/ HyperConverged Infrastructure category, of the 2020 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) Awards. This is the second consecutive year Scale Computing has been recognized as a CRN ARC Award winner.
Scale Computing believes that it is the top choice for partners due to the simplicity, efficiency and innovation of Scale Computing HC3. Specifically:
- Simplicity - Scale Computing customers rave about how simple it is to implement and deploy HC3. The simplicity of the self-healing platform, driven by automation and machine intelligence, allows Scale Computing customers to focus on other strategic projects rather than infrastructure maintenance.
- Efficiency - Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications.
- Innovation - Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. This innovation makes HC3 simple for IT teams to manage and administer.
- Value - HC3 makes IT infrastructure reliable, manageable and affordable by giving organizations more system uptime while requiring significantly less maintenance and administration than legacy alternatives.
About Scale Computing
Scale Computing is a leader in edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions. Scale Computing HC3 software eliminates the need for traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. Using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects infrastructure problems in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime. When ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO matter, Scale Computing HC3 is the ideal infrastructure platform. Read what our customers have to say on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate and TrustRadius.