HEALTH CHECK AND AUDIT SERVICE
Completing an infrastructure audit can be a lengthy process, as the need to regularly review your data to ensure the data is captured and presented correctly can prove to be time-consuming and repetitive. These interruptions to IT staff can be disruptive to an organization’s day-to-day operations and can cause delays to other projects. Quite often, IT staff do not know of configuration changes necessary to optimize performance or if there are gaps in their overall solutions that could negatively affect them in the event of an issue. High resource utilization, oversubscription, improper configuration, or not having best practices applied can have a heavy impact on the business if not addressed regularly.
To alleviate this problem, Scale Computing offers the Health Check and Audit Service which takes the burden of regularly reviewing systems to identify any situational issues, responding to audit requests, and addressing them quickly to ensure the business gets the most out of its environment and valuable time.
Items included in the audit are:
- General health of Scale Computing Platform clusters, recommendations for support tickets, or corrective action on any issues identified
- Best practice recommendations on SC//Platform configurations
- Recommendations for upgrades of server hardware or cluster firmware
- Performance metrics/utilization of the SC//Platform environment
- Security compliance and information on the SC//Platform environment
- Identify gaps or issues with SC//Platform and organizational needs
- Subscription service, either bi-annual or quarterly
- Eliminate the risk of not knowing what issues might be lurking
- Reporting on their environment:
- Current state health of SC//Platform and any action items
- SC//Platform utilization and oversubscription concerns
- Best practices review of configuration or firmware
- Security configuration for auditing
- Regulatory compliance information (if applicable)
- Time/productivity/cost savings details:
- No need to take the time to perform the auditing work themselves
- Reduce delays in projects by having to do the auditing work
- Reports are done regularly to ensure the environment continues to be reviewed as their business grows/changes
The service will be completed with a formal audit document, which outlines the organization’s environment/clusters, and the information needed for a general health review of its systems and auditing compliance.