Making data and workload migrations simple
Scale Computing Move quickly and easily migrates physical, virtual, and cloud workloads over any distance with minimal risk and near-zero downtime. The streamlined process automates and consolidates numerous steps, which are otherwise manual and prone to human error, into just a few simple tasks, reducing the amount of work you need to do to reach your migration goals.
Scale Computing Move includes
- Automated and orchestrated workflows
- Migration between any combination of physical, virtual and cloud-based platforms to or from any geographic location
- Scalable, continuous replication, with minimal performance or bandwidth impact to prevent downtime
- Easy, non-disruptive testing
- Data security with AES 256-bit encryption
- Scalable solution, from a single server to thousands of servers in multiple data centers
Scale Computing Move automates data migration across physical, virtual and cloud platforms, storage types, and operating systems with minimal risk.
- Structured, repeatable migration with near-zero downtime
- Highly automated process that eliminates common risks and streamlines migrations
- Increase cost-efficiency by spending less on data storage
- Freedom from lock-in to a specific cloud, hypervisor, or hardware
- Debian Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Rocky Linux
- SUSE Enterprise Linux
Challenges with data and workload migrations
Time-consuming, risky and resource-intensive
The potential for downtime and data loss prevents many organizations from migrating data. Moving data and workloads can be painful, but it’s often unavoidable. Migrations are often necessary due to mergers or relocations, hardware, software and application upgrades, and moves to the cloud.
Organizations often avoid making these necessary changes due to
- Time and money investment in IT resources
- Complexity of the project
- Associated downtime
- Risk of data loss or corruption
- Application performance issues
Seamlessly migrate your data and workloads
Migrate from anywhere to anywhere: physical, virtual, or cloud
The simplicity and repeatability of Scale Computing Move enable IT to switch platforms – including to, from, and between public clouds– without impacting system availability. It also frees IT from platform lock-in and allows you to be more agile and flexible with IT investments.
How Scale Computing Move removes the risk of data migrations
Scale Computing Move orchestrates your migrations, regardless of source or target, from the initial discovery of your systems to provisioning target VMs and ultimately cutting over.
Our solution uses real-time, byte-level replication to create a replica of the data, applications, database, or complete server being migrated. The replica is kept in sync, mirroring changes such as permissions, attributes, file names, deletions, and encryption settings.
Streamed replication from anywhere to anywhere
Scale Computing Move replicates the source system to the target, using AES 256-bit encryption to ensure security. Our replication maximizes bandwidth efficiency, sending small chunks of data, incorporating multiple compression levels, and enabling bandwidth throttling. End users can continue working on the source system until the final cutover.
The target server can be validated, and cutovers can be tested anytime without disrupting production systems and business operations.
Cutover to your new system in minutes
Cutover automation is available and cutover downtime is limited to seconds or minutes. If reverting to the original system becomes necessary, the execution is straightforward. The process is repeatable and predictable whether managed through the unified console, automated through scripting, or integrated with third-party tools.