Ending the year with a 90% growth rate in total software revenue meant 2019 marked Scale Computing’s best year yet. We achieved record sales in Q4, driven by our OEM partnerships and our commitment to providing industry-leading edge-based solutions around the globe. To support and continue this growth and our continued international expansion, we are thrilled to welcome seven new appointments to the EMEA team, including a new Senior Marketing Manager and two new Territory Sales Executives.
We are seeing a lot of interest internationally, across a multitude of industries, including education, oil/gas/energy, and manufacturing. Our partnership with Lenovo has ramped up significantly, with key EMEA customer wins including Delhaize, one of the largest retailers in the world headquartered in the Netherlands, Coca Cola Beverages Africa, the Zillertaler Gletscherbahn, National Bank of Kenya, beIN Sports, and De Forensische Zorgspecialisten.
But we aren’t stopping here, our focus is on even bigger customer growth in 2020. The seven new hires bring a wealth of experience that will be hugely beneficial to the team, our partners, and our customers, and the goal is to build on the company’s explosive growth across EMEA.
- Ariane Masseboeuf, Senior Marketing Manager EMEA B.V. – With a high level of experience in international IT companies, and developing new markets, Ariane joins Scale Computing from DataCore Software when she was the Marketing Manager in various capacities for nearly 9 years. Ariane will work closely with our VP of Marketing, Marlena Fernandez.
- Chris Coulson, Territory Sales Executive UK – Coulson joins Scale Computing from NG-IT, where he was Account Director for over 2 years. He has extensive experience in virtualisation, cloud computing and disaster recovery.
- Huw Wilkins, Territory Sales Executive UK & Ireland – With over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry, Wilkins joins Scale Computing from NEC Enterprise Solutions, bringing specialism in conceptual sales in server virtualisation and data storage.
- Jaco Delport, Sales Consultant EMEA B.V. – After over 3 years at Axiz where he was Lenovo Enterprise Solutions Architect and Ent. Lead, Delport joins Scale Computing with skills in IT service management, Enterprise Engineering and leadership.
- Joseph Hurkens, Account Development Representative EMEA B.V. – Hurkens joins Scale Computing with international experience in business development. He is especially skilled in supply chain management and international logistics.
- Semir Okanovic, Account Development Representative EMEA B.V. – With almost 10 years’ experience in marketing, Okanovic enters Scale Computing from cards PLM Solutions, where he was Marketing Director for over 2 years.
- Thorsten Schaefer, Regional Sales Manager DACH – Schaefer has a demonstrated history in the computer software industry. With extensive experience in hyperconverged infrastructure, software-defined storage and software area network, Schaefer enters Scale Computing from his position as Sales Manager DACH at StorMagic.
Welcoming these seven hires to our team reflects our growing global presence and dedication to supplying our customers with exceptional hyperconverged infrastructure and edge computing. International is fast becoming a strong percentage of our overall vision and we are very excited for what the future holds for us as a global company.