We are in the fortunate position to be growing quickly and have been recognized by customers around the world as the software provider making edge computing a reality. The two biggest costs in IT are downtime and people - the Scale Computing Platform helps customers address both of these critical challenges.
Our success means that we occasionally find we have to deal with some third party misrepresentations. For market leaders, this sometimes comes with the territory. Our goal is to always ensure that our customers and prospective customers have the facts. In this post, we’re going to lay out a series of key points to help you understand the reality that we bring to market.
Scale Computing HyperCore uses self-healing and automation to maximize application uptime and performance, simplify management, and protect data. When ease of use, high availability, and total cost of ownership matter, our customers tell us that SC//HyperCore is their ideal IT infrastructure platform.
SC//Platform is an award-winning hyperconverged solution combining our own patented non-VSA storage architecture with our purpose-built hypervisor based on KVM. This ownership of both the storage and hypervisor allows for hypervisor-embedded storage rather than inefficiently directing storage through a VSA (virtual storage appliance). Scale Computing is a complete, hyperconverged infrastructure solution, not just a storage solution.
But, you know that we can say whatever we want about our solution; the real proof comes from real customers, just like you, that had seemingly insurmountable IT challenges and have found tremendous success with our platform. So, don’t want to take our word or the words of some random analyst for it? Check out what our thousands of happy customers have to say on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate, and TrustRadius. These are real-world experiences from actual users. We would also love to speak with you directly and see if we are a good fit for you.
In case you want to read more technical detail, here are a few more items we would like to clarify:
- Scale Computing Platform is intended to be a full infrastructure solution so it is sold and supported as an appliance either directly from a trusted Scale Computing reseller partner or from one of our marketing leading OEM partners like Lenovo or NEC. Customers looking at larger deployments have the option of custom appliances if that is what they prefer.
- Scale Computing offers a wide range of data center and edge solutions. At the end of 2019 we announced the HE150 available for sale which is not only physically small (H1.5” x W4.6” x D4.4”) but can be configured with as little as 8GB RAM and 250GB of storage. SC//HyperCore reserves about 4GB of RAM to run, because SC//Platform includes a full virtualization hypervisor, not just a storage solution.
- VSA: The trouble with a VSA, the method that so many competing platforms use, is it is another layer of storage protocol between the hypervisor and the actual storage. The hypervisor does not know about the storage directly so the VSA must act as a go-between directing the reads and writes. This is not efficient, nor is it simple. Our architecture eliminates the need for a VSA, making it more efficient, simpler, and more scalable.
- SC//Platform Cloud Unity is our own DRaaS solution specifically built into Google Cloud.
- With Scale Computing Platform, there is no storage management required beyond creating virtual disks during VM creation. Storage is automatically pooled across all nodes of the cluster. Even when adding a new node to the cluster, the storage of the new node is seamlessly added to the cluster-wide storage pool.
- Scale Computing Fleet Manager is our built-in, unified management console and multi-site management capabilities at no additional cost. SC//Fleet Manager can also be used with solutions like Ansible to automate many management tasks across multiple sites such as coordinating the one-click, automated, no downtime system updates already built into our systems. SC//Platform can integrate with nearly any other solution using its full set of REST APIs. With SC//Fleet Manager, all updates are applied together in a single automated process.