Although we are confident you can get your Scale Computing Platform running smoothly on your own or with our included Remote Installation Service, we know you might want more. That is what our Quickstart Installation Service is all about—four premium services in one great package!
To get a jump start on your Scale Computing installation, this service provides you with assistance for every aspect of implementation, starting with the planning, prerequisites, and virtual and physical networking configurations (see the full Network Configuration Service for details), through system configuration, introductory system walkthrough, and post-installation workload migration (see the full Quickstart Migration Service for details). Also bundled in this package is the SC//Platform Overview to help ensure you have all the tools you need to set your business up for success!
- Delivery via Remote Call
- Language: English Only
- Scheduling: Monday-Friday 6AM-6PM EDST
- Total Deliverable Service Time: ~5.5 hours
Networking — 1.5 Hours
Networking Planning Call — 30 Minutes (Remote Call)
- Wiring network
- Environmental check
- Setup network for backplane
Network Configuration Call (if applicable) — 1 Hour (Remote Call)
- Set up network for LAN and backplane
- Remote configuration of 1GbE or 10 GbE switch(es)*
- Configuration of switches to work within existing networking infrastructure including VLANs, Spanning, etc.
- Tree, logging, and other basic switch functions
*Setup of high availability networking for multiple switches, if applicable.
Installation — 1-2 Hours (based on Node quantity)
SC//Platform Overview video available to watch after installation is complete.
Pre-Installation Call — 30 Minutes (Remote Call)
- Pre-Install checklist
- Environmental check
Installation Call — 30-90 Minutes, based on Node quantity (Remote Call)
- Node(s) initialization
- Cluster creation
- Cluster registration
- First time VM creation
SC//Platform Overview Follow-Up — 30 Minutes (Remote Call)
The SC//Platform Overview video will be provided after the Installation has been completed, and a 30-minute follow-up call is available for any remaining questions or concerns related to the training items listed below:
- User Interface walkthrough of SC//Platform
- Replication basics
- Compliance and security overview
Quickstart Migration — 90 Minutes (Remote Call)
- Initial discovery and migration planning
- Installation of migration agents (source machine to be migrated and SC//HyperCore target machine) and the migration management console
- Configuration of the migration job, overview of available options, and confirmation of initial data transfer
- Questions regarding the Quickstart Migration process